Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

First pictures of our little boxer!

I have started this blog several times and the Lord has continued to remind me that He is the one in control and it will all be in His perfect timing! 
Initially I started this post several weeks ago talking about how I was one of those lucky women who didn’t experience “morning sickness”…then began my morning routine of leaning over the trash can/toilet (depending on which I could get to quickest)…so much for that post.   Now I’m determined to be one of those women who only experiences it until week 10 (2 days left).  We’ll see how powerful the “power of suggestion” is.
I had in my head this distinct picture of how it was going to be so uneventful and the very first pregnancy test we took would turn immediately leaving no question – instead it took 5 tests before we got that second little line that is the subject of so many emotions for so many women!  Then when it finally did turn I grabbed the test and came into the kitchen almost jumping out of my skin and Jonathan said “wait….what? I don’t know what these lines mean….what does it say??”  After some giggles on my part came the actual unforgettable moment that lived up to all of my expectations.
Since I have loved seeing the belly pics of some friends, I’ll participate in that tradition for friends and family far and away and here is the first….not poking it out, although it’s not noticeable as a "baby bump" to people who don’t know me well, it just looks like nursing school has taken its toll on my time to exercise.  Jonathan’s response when I asked how noticeable he thought my stomach growth was (he’s a good man) was to say “well…it just looks tighter I think” by tighter I’m fairly certain he means my jeans look tighter!
I will be 10 weeks officially on Sunday, so Baby “R’s” due date is July 18th.  We realize our last name does not begin with an “R”, but my favorite series since childhood has been "The Chronicles of Narnia" and one of the stellar, unforgettable characters of the series is Reepicheep.  Since we don’t know if Baby will be a boy or a girl, we’re calling he/she Reepicheep in the meantime, a name given by my mother who made the point that the character has many traits that we would pray either a son or a daughter would have.  So, here are the first pics of Baby Reepicheep!  The doctor mentioned how "active" our little one already is - you could see TONS of squirming and moving and "air boxing" with those fists pumping up and down!  It was the weirdest and greatest video I've ever seen...not that I'm biased.

Reepi's head is to the right here, that bright white spot is the right fist and the legs are curled up at the bottom
 Same idea here, but the right arm is further extended and the knees are poking out, it's more of a face shot here
 This shows the heart rate and a face shot, you can't see the legs in this but if you look close you can see belly, both fists and the face.....it's got both of our active natures :)


Thank you everyone for prayers!  We got a great update today that everything looks great and "on target", so we very much appreciate continued prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Welcome to sweet little Reepicheep! God is good.
    Love,
    Abuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Congratulations!!! I remember I loved the Narnia books, so now I have to re-read to learn more about R baby! Will look forward to the updates!

    ReplyDelete