Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Everything looks awesome"

That was the report we got from the doctor!  Another uneventful appointment, which we are so very thankful for.  She said it looks like Evie is growing "more than good" based on measurements and they don't currently have any concerns.  We didn't get an ultrasound, which is never as exciting as getting to see her, but it means they feel confident that everything looks the way it should so they don't feel the need to check it which is definitely exciting!  We'll have another ultrasound on April 7th to check all of her  measurements and my measurements again to make sure everything is growing the way it should and in the directions that it should (to not put too much pressure on my body, or hers, increasing the chance of pre-term labor and other complications), and they are also going to check again to see if it looks like she has settled into one position or another.  For right now, she's still moving around enough that there's no way to tell if I'm at an increased likelihood to have a c-section based on the funny shape of my uterus, but after 28 weeks they are more likely to be able to tell.  I won't be 28 weeks by the next appointment, but it will give them a better idea of what they are looking at as far as her growth and my growth and what it means for delivery.
Thanks again for the prayers!  Please continue to pray that appointments go as smoothly as they have been and everything continues to measure the way it should as the Lord is "perfectly and wonderfully" forming our little one.

And now, here's just a fun picture of when my mom was pregnant with me and my brother was listening/taunting/getting ready to rip bows out of my hair.....or maybe just being sweet!

3 comments:

  1. Notice the block creation in the bottom right corner of this photo. This boy had been fighting a cold and he had to take a rest from creating whatever that thing was that he made. I'm not sure, it might have been a ray gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! What a sweet picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys will be boys! This is one of my favorite pictures...wasn't she a beautiful pregnant woman!?!

    ReplyDelete