Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Still Growing!

Happy (late) Mother's Day!  It's a week late...but Happy Mother's Day to all of you women in our lives.  You may or may not have biological kids, but "it takes a village to raise a child".  I was particularly thankful this mother's day for my Mama as I'm beginning my own journey into motherhood.  She gave me such a wonderful foundation as I learn how to be Mama to my little girl and how to find the balance in all things...learning how to discipline when needed and just cuddle her and tell her she's amazing (because she is) when that's more important...learning how to show my love both by setting limits and by encouraging her that she can do absolutely anything she sets her mind to...and mostly just learning what it is to be Evie's Mama!  Thanks Mama!


It's not a picture of me and Mama, but it is a precious picture of her enjoying time with her "firstborn"!

Thanks also to my Sweetie who gave me a beautiful new floor for Mother's Day!
They were just putting the finishing touches on (you can see the other room filled with things to go back in)

Evie and I got to go to a wedding this weekend of one of Jonathan's cousins, weddings are always a great time to visit with family and celebrate the happy event!  As a bonus...wedding food is always worth a trip...Evie and I both enjoyed that part of it as well!  Here are a few pictures from visiting with family!

We're still growing!  

Cousin Lindsay...she's bonding with Evie so she can be one of our on-call babysitters!
Lindsay is also the very talented young lady who has offered to take maternity and baby pictures for us!

There's never a bad time for an updated belly shot!


Thanks for continued prayers for the three of us, we appreciate prayers for Evie's continued growth and incredibly "normal" appointments!  We are 31 weeks now, so only 5 left until she is officially considered "full-term".  Up to this point my body and hers have been largely focused on forming organs and maturing them...now, she's pretty much down to just lungs and digestive tract that are still finishing what's needed for them to function on their own and the rest of her is just gaining weight and length, what a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the great pictures. Nice work on the living room floor. I think you are going to like it a lot!

    Beautiful pictures of the mamas with baby bumps m I especially like the angle of the last one with the family on the right side.

    Grow babies grow!

    ReplyDelete