Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Fluttering"....maybe?

After sitting still for a few minutes in church Sunday I felt what may have been the baby!  For those of you who haven't been pregnant that may sound weird...because surely you can distinguish a baby moving from any other feeling, and maybe some women can...but I don't think it's something you recognize at first!  It's not as if I've ever felt a baby in my uterus before...I'm not sure I would describe it as a "flutter" although I can understand that description, sometimes it just felt like a little teeny pulsing and a couple of times I thought it felt like a "wave" not as in Reepicheep is waving to me, but as in the ocean has waves...
Either way, it was very exciting, and reminds me that the time is fast approaching when I will definitely feel the baby move and know that's what it is!
For those of you who have been pregnant, what did you think it felt like the first time?  And how long after that was the baby daddy first able to feel it?  Jonathan is curious about that one...
Short update....we're hoping to have clear pictures on Monday!  And to know pink or blue!  Of course, it may be like many ultrasounds done a little early on and we will still just know there's only one heartbeat and that's it.
Please pray for another great update with "nothing exciting"!

2 comments:

  1. Reepicheep's arms and legs are so tiny! Just enough to swim a little here and give a little push there. Maybe if Daddy sings just the right song Reepi will do a little dance for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...we'll see, I keep trying to convince him! I have started singing although I have to admit I only do it when I'm in the car alone...Reepi will be born loving my voice but the rest of the world probably was not born that way! :)

    ReplyDelete