Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Maternity clothes...and the rest of the update

There are some modern inventions that I could do without, this week I am feeling VERY thankful for whoever came up with maternity clothes though!  Now that Evie and I are both growing at a much quicker rate maternity clothes are becoming a necessity and they are so comfortable I'm not sure why I waited so long to take advantage of them.
So here's the rest of the update....our daughter is amazing!  She passed everything with flying colors, ultrasounds are incredible, we could see everything....not that we knew what everything was that we were seeing, but the ultrasound tech was wonderful and explained it all.  You could see her little heart and 4 distinct chambers, they measured her brain, her legs, her arms, her head size, her kidneys, bladder, placenta, umbilical cord (which had 3 vessels - the right amount), it was amazing.  The funniest thing was to see how she "performed" for everything, she showed out every part they needed to measure but she wouldn't show male/female parts.  She turned every time they got close to being able to tell, they had me turning on my left side...then my back...then my right side...then my back without any luck, she did NOT want to "show out" for that.  At one point when they almost could tell she had her legs crossed!!!  After they finally said "girl" we both were quite proud...and told her she better continue to be prim and proper and not "show out".
I know there are people who consider a child at this point simply another "body part" of the mom since she can't live apart from me, and it's not a "real person" yet, but I can guarantee that she is indeed her own person and she is fully a person.  She moves entirely apart from me...and she's already a Daddy's girl.  She is as "real" and human as I am, I may not be able to tell you what color eyes she has or what color hair, or even if she has much hair, and I realize she is very easy to "handle" right now since she is so contained and there are no diapers, no feeding, no crying, or any of the more challenging aspects of being new parents, but she is our daughter and not just another body part of me.
And since it's been far too long since I've posted an update of belly growth...here it is.  I'm not sure strangers would dare to ask my due date yet, but it has passed the point of simply looking like I ate too much over the holidays.
Thanks again for all of the prayers, we have been so excited to continue to get updates that are "boring".  Our little girl is growing wonderfully and doing great, and she is such a wiggle worm, this continues to be the best adventure the Lord has ever put either of us on!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture! You are looking healthy and beautiful. Nice to see that Evie is getting some stretching out room.

    ReplyDelete