Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Growing Girls (and boys)!

Yesterday was Jonathan's brother and his wife's baby shower for their little man due to arrive the first week of April, it's almost time for us to meet him!  We had a great time visiting with friends and family that we don't get to see often.  If you look back from the last family gathering you can see the babies have definitely made themselves known in the last couple of months and we have all (Katie and their son, Evie and I, Storie and her son) grown!


We all had a wedding shower to attend today for another relative starting a fun new adventure in May!

Nothing much new for me and Evie, still growing and definitely wiggling, she's quite the squirmer.  I still don't think I'm feeling her when I'm not paying attention to it, it's still mostly the "flutters", but I'm sure soon enough she will make herself known regularly!  I think I felt her pokes today, of course I was sitting still in church again...she doesn't sit still any better than either of her parents do....and I thought I felt a poke so I put my hand down to see and sort of pressed back and it seemed like she poked back again as if to say "Hey!  That's my space!"  It's the strangest thing!
I was gifted several more Mommy gifts this week for which I am incredibly thankful!  The first was maternity clothes from one of my classmates, for those of you who have never been maternity shopping it's like wedding shopping, just for the simple added word the cost will double or triple!  The next was an aloe plant from another classmate for my very sensitive skin that has been made more sensitive by pregnancy and it has eased the itching/inflammation immensely!  And lastly a book from one of Jonathan's cousins called "Nine Months to a Miracle", I haven't read much of it but from what I've read so far I highly recommend it to any other pregnant women.  It discusses the miracle of conception, through to the miracle of birth and all the anxieties and excitements that accompany that time.  I have mentioned it before, but I will never understand women saying that the baby is just "another part of the mother" as if it's an appendage.  Did you know that from the time of conception....from the very minute that the sperm joins the egg that baby has an entirely separate DNA from the mother?  Her DNA would have looked exactly like a grown adult's DNA, with the same numbers of chromosomes, simply a different combo.  Evie is 1/2 me and 1/2 Jonathan, her genetic makeup is unlike any other living thing on this planet, what an incredible thought.  She is uniquely herself, but shares DNA with each of her grandparents as well as her Aunts and Uncles. I hope I never cease to be amazed by the Lord's work in creating a little one!

2 comments:

  1. Sadie, you are looking more and more adorable as little Evie grows! Yes, what a miracle! Can't wait to see her sweet little face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw....thanks! We can't wait for you guys to meet her either!

    ReplyDelete